Recap aims to support all exchanges with Connected Accounts. This is the automatic import of all of your transaction history and real-time connections to your accounts via read-only APIs. See here for our connected account support.
If we don't currently support your exchange via our Connected Accounts, Recap allows you to import CSV transactions into a Custom Account with support for Deposit, Withdrawal, Trade, Income, Mining, Gift (gifts to or from), Gambling (in or out), Purchase. Donation and aggregated Margin transaction types. More transaction types will be coming soon!
To ensure that there are no complications when you upload a CSV to an existing Custom Account, we remove all previous CSV imports assigned to that Custom Account. This is so you don't accidentally upload duplicates or have to manually work out which transactions you do and don't want included.
Please format your CSV to the following column names:
- Type - Airdrop, Deposit, Withdrawal, Trade, Income, Mining, Gift (gifts to or from), Gambling (in or out), Purchase, Donation, Fork, MarginGain, MarginLoss and LendingFee [Always required]
- Date - Date of the transaction as yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss [Always required]
- InOrBuyAmount - In or Buy amount as a positive number or 0 [Required for 'Airdrop', 'Deposit', 'Trade', 'Income', 'Mining', 'Gift' (from someone), Gambling (proceeds), Fork (origin currency amount) types] and MarginGain.
- InOrBuyCurrency - In or Buy currency, e.g. BTC [Required for 'Airdrop', 'Deposit', 'Trade', 'Income', 'Mining', 'Gift' (from someone), Gambling (proceeds), Fork (origin currency) types and MarginGain]
- OutOrSellAmount - Out or Sell amount as a positive number or 0 [Required for 'Withdrawal', 'Trade', 'Gift' (to someone), 'Gambling' (placement), Fork (new currency amount) types, MarginLoss and LendingFee]
- OutOrSellCurrency - Out or sell currency, e.g. GBP [Required for 'Withdrawal', 'Trade', 'Gift' (to someone) and 'Gambling' (placement), Fork (new currency) types, MarginLoss and LendingFee]
- FeeAmount - Fee amount as a positive number [optional]
- FeeCurrency - Fee currency [optional]
You can include any other columns you'd like for organisation or calculations for example, but the data in them will be ignored by the Recap application.
A simple Deposit, Trade and Withdrawal example CSV for you to try
A more detailed example CSV file can be downloaded by clicking the button below:
A special note about the Margin transactions. There are three transaction types for Margin related transactions: MarginGain, MarginLoss and LendingFee. MarginGain or MarginLoss types are used per margin position that you hold/held (depending if it resulted in a gain or a loss) and must contain the total gain or loss of that position as well as the total amount of trade fees (under FeeAmount and FeeCurrency columns) paid during the time you held that position. Any lending fees paid whilst you held a margin position must be aggregated together under a seperate LendingFee transaction.
Step 1 - Add a Custom Account
To upload transactions, please first add a Custom Account:
Step 2 - Name the account
Add a name for your Custom Account and click Next
Step 3 - Click Import CSV on the menu
Select the settings button on your Custom Account and click Import CSV
Step 4 - Import the CSV
Click Browse and select the CSV file that you have reformatted to the Recap format
Step 5 - Done
Your Custom Account transactions will now appear in the Activity section and a portfolio overview will show in the Accounts section - That was easy!
Click Support on the left menu to talk to us from within the app or join our telegram group